Find the best Hotels & Flights at the Cheapest Price, in one go.
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains:
- What personal data is collected by the owner of this web site or provided by you, through our interactions with you and your use of our web site (www.alkcom.com), apps and software
- How your personal data will be used, where it is held, how long it will be kept and your rights.
Definitions and interpretation
In this privacy, the following definitions are used:
Data controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Data processor, in relation to personal data, means any person (other than an employee of the data controller) who processes the data on behalf of the data controller.
“You”, “your” or “data subject” means:
- Visitors to our website
- Subscribers to any service we offer through our site
-Users of our applications
- Prospective or existing clients corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
Data controller, “Rightholder”,“we”, “us” and “our” means:
Go Travel Un Limited,its subsidiaries and its data processors;
Personal data means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier.
This definition provides for a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute personal data, including name, identification number, location data or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organisations collect information about people. The definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in General Data Protection Regulation.
Who we are (Identity of the data controller)
(If you disagree with any of the items below, please don’t use our web sites.)
What is a cookie files?
In short, a cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device to help ensure that you get the best possible experience when you visit a website.
Cookies allow us to improve the website's content, functionality and speed, while their tracking ability also helps us to understand your likes and dislikes, which means we can respond quickly and adapt the site accordingly.
What information we collect with cookies:
• Whether it’s your first visit or not, and
• Whether you visited our site directly or via a link or search form published by one of our partners.
• Your search history: origin, destination and travel dates.
• In addition to the cookies Alkcom delivers to your computer, certain third parties may deliver cookies to your computer for a variety of reasons for more targeted advertising experience. We are working with online advertising companies to display online behavioral advertising on our sites and third party sites that you visit. This targeting may be based on information you submit on our sites or third party platforms. Your search parameters (origin, destination, travel dates, class and number of passengers) could be used for advertising purposes. Please note what we are not sharing Personally identifiable information to third parties.
How can you disable cookies?
You may choose to subscribe to our mailing list to receive alerts about cheap prices; we’ll need your valid email address for this purpose. You can unsubscribe at any time and you won’t receive any emails from us. Unless it’s something super-serious that affects your rights as a consumer or informs you of something genuinely requiring your attention, we’ll never send you any other emails.
If you “LIKE”/”SHARE”/”+1” us (or perform a similar action) in social networks, we may obtain your first and last name. However, we’re not using this information for any purpose (honestly) and choose to ignore it.
What information we disclose about you
None that has any chance of identifying you, unless we are legally obliged (i.e. by court order or law enforcement agencies) to do so. Even then we will only be able to disclose the information explicitly outlined in the previous section.
To elaborate on the previous paragraph, we create lots of reports out of the data that has all identifiable bits stripped out (for instance, to calculate ticket sales volume we only need the list of ticket prices and not names of the buyers).
What information we DON’T collect about you
Personally identifiable information We don’t need and hence don’t collect any of the following information about you: your name, age, email address (unless you subscribed to our email list or created an account on our web site), phone number, passport details, home address, etc.
Most information in our systems is anonymized, which means that even we can’t match specific records to specific individuals, unless they signed up for an account. In this case, we treat this information with utmost respect and care.
Order and payment information
Because you pay to an airline, hotel or travel agency directly, we have no visibility of your order information, including, but not limited to: specific ticket bought, price paid, credit card number, etc.
Under the hood (plain talk about serious stuff)
As of the time of this writing, your data resides in the European Union, but we reserve the right to move it outside the EU (probably in the US). The decision to do so is only determined by the technical convenience and the speed of access to the data in order to ensure our site operates the fastest it can.
You can use our site without cookies if you are concerned about privacy. If you want to be able to login into your account, you’ll need to have cookies enabled.
We use a number of approaches to ensure your data is secure: access controls, firewalls, one-the-fly encryption, SSL [Secure Sockets Layer] for data transfer (if you’re logged in).